Here are some common questions that come up about events.
Feel free to contact Molly Breiding, our Event Manager, if you have other questions.
- What spaces are available at Houck’s for events?
- There are 3 rooms available. The event room holds up to 100 people, the patio up to 50, and the Roswell Room up to 20.
- How far in advance do I need to reserve my event?
- The sooner, the better, especially if your event is going to be on a Friday or Saturday.
- What about deposits?
- There is no deposit required. Once you sign a contract, we add a credit card to your file to manage payment for the event. The contract has detail on the menu, pricing, and setup. If you need to cancel, we simply ask for enough notice to rebook the space for another event.
- How does payment work?
- Nothing is charged on your credit card until the conclusion of your event. We will enter the charges in our system, give you the check to review, and then take payment for the event.
- What forms of payment do we take?
- We take cash, check or credit card and suggest you use the card on file so you can get points from your credit card company.
- Is there a food and beverage minimum or room rental fee to host my event?
- We don’t charge any room rental fees or require minimums. Because Houcks would normally have music events on Friday and Saturday nights in the Event Room, we need to have a minimum commitment for those nights.
- What is an average cost for an event?
- Dinners are an average of $24++ to $30++ per person. Bar packages are extra and add to the per person charges. Lunch or brunch runs an average of $15 to $20 per person. We have special pricing for cocktail parties with appetizers instead of meals.
- What extras are available?
- We have linens in black, white, or ivory and table centerpieces including candles, lighted wine bottles and other decorations. In the Event Room, there is a full audio/visual set up including big screen TV’s, projector and screen, and sound system.
- What about music?
- Houck’s has a great list of bands that play on Friday and Saturday night in our event room. Any of those groups can be booked to be your entertainment. You can also book an event that shares the Event Room with others to take advantage of the bands that are already performing.